Page 1 of 36 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 359

Thread: Games: The Official Halo 2 Topic [OT!]

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I realize that not all of you are fond of Halo, so I figure I'd start this topic for those that are.

    I think I'll post the screens as I see them and talk about it. Also post any speculation for Halo 2 here and yada yada yada.

    First screen of discussion here.

    Few things I noticed:
    Jackals have a Plasma Rifle.
    New improved shields
    The little "lightning beam" in between the poles of the two plasma weapons.

    Feel free to add on.

    I'll post more in the near distant future if it takes off.

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ October 26, 2004 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Nevan ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *Grabs topic by the head, bumps it back to the front* Don't you die on me!

    Anyway, as you may know, i plan to map my school at a playable level for Halo CE during the summer. So, i've decided to explain my current progress in this topic. Right now, i'm just planning the map, thinking of what to keep, and how each game type will work.

    There is esimated to be 10 buildings that can be entered, although this may be reduced. There will be various other buildings that can't be entered. The is a large open space running through the middle of the stage, which will need to be crossed to get to other buildings. Around the back of most of the buildings will be small wooded areas.

    The main focuses will be on the buildings called 'A' block and 'C' block. These will be the two seperate bases for CTF. There will be many openings and windows that can be smashed in all enterable buildings, and they go fairly high up, so it will be good for sniping.

    I have the layout of the map and 'A' block's ground floor drawn up. I will continue, and post all the completed drawings here as we get closer to the summer, when i will start building.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Very nice. I can't wait to see it.

    I just got done with a LAN I hosted today.

    Details later.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So i figure, since we are getting closer to that release date, we should annoy people by discussing Halo 2 screenshots in great depth.

    As you can see in that screenshot, banshees are useable in multiplayer. However, i've noticed what looks to be a new vehicle in the near-bottom left corner.

    That said, rock on 9th Nov (11th for us, but no biggie)

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Awesome screenshot. Although, I think that vehicle is just a ghost using the new Boost ability; it just looks different thanks to the magnificent job Bungie have done on the graphical updates here.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    no, a bit futher left. If you follow the two white lines across the bottom, you'll see something on the platform.

    Oh, i just realised, It's a yellow elite (1337?) with a human sniper rifle.

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ September 15, 2004 06:05 PM: Message edited by: One Classy Bloke ]</font>

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ah, no worries then. Yellow elites? The Red Vs. Blue series is going to have fun with this...^_^

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm surprised you didn't point out the Banshee doing the roll. :-p

    Well they can roll, boost and do tricks now. Great for dogfights.

    You see those stagmites? They can also be blown up. I believe that little green ball is from the Covenant Carbine, but I am not sure.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    awesome, im probably going to be an elite in multiplayer mode first try lol just to see how it goes =]

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It looks very good, especially in the FX department, although the base textures of the ship are lower res than one would want in a next-gen agame; they are using detail/dirt maps but still. Nice work overall anyways.

Page 1 of 36 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •